2020 MA Tax-Free Weekend
Massachusetts will hold a Tax-Free Weekend in 2020 on Saturday, August 29 and Sunday, August 30. Rules and restrictions apply.
Eligible purchases will save 6.25% and cabinets are eligible to be purchased since they are individually listed on the invoice. However, a kitchen must be designed and quoted before you can make the purchase. That cannot all be done on Saturday, August 29 and/or Sunday, August 30.* Therefore, please call in advance to see what can be done if you are not already in the process of having a kitchen designed.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts imposes Rules and Restrictions for the Sales Tax Holiday
Here are the basics that would apply to purchases at Kitchen Views:
1. The exemption of the sales tax (6.25%) applies only to tangible personal property bought for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Taxes must be paid on any material bought by contractors who are buying for their business and using a company check.
2. The sales tax holiday exemption is limited to eligible sales of items costing $2,500 or less. If you spend more than $2,500 on an item, the entire amount paid for the item is subject to sales tax, not just the amount that exceeds that threshold.
3. You can put multiple items on one invoice as long as each individual item is $2,500 or less, there is no upper limit on the tax-free amount each customer may purchase.
4. All items must be paid in full on 8/29/20 or 8/30/20 with cash, credit card, or check.
5. No prior orders with deposits can be changed to tax-free.
6. Special order items are eligible for the sales tax holiday so long as they are ordered and paid in full on the sales tax holiday weekend, and the cost of each item is $2,500 or less, even if delivery is made at a later date.